Monday, August 23, 2010

Provo.

Today was stinkin hard. I ran in wonderful Provo, Utah. It took a lot out of me but it's a good feeling. When you've given all you have to anything, you come away with a feeling of fulfillment. At least I do. I didn't run my fastest today, or my strongest. I didn't run the farthest I've ever run and I did not feel good at all. But I can honestly say that I put everything I had into that run, thus I accomplished something.

I think, in a lot of situations and endeavors, we are afraid to do our best and give our all because we don't think we'll get the kind of return that we feel we deserve. So we hold back and wait and when the situation seems like it could be fruitful in the way that we want it, we give a little more. Does that make sense? I'm really tired right now so I could be really screwin up this thought.

Basically, if we give all we can to everything in life, without worrying about what we receive in return, we will come away as more fulfilled people: Because we did our best. And no matter how things work out we will become more successful in our future pursuits. That is the pay-off. That is the return. The ability to do your best is truly a talent that needs refining in us all.

I think this is a thought worth further contemplation. I'll let the world know what I come up with.

Fall is quickly approaching. I love cold weather runs! (I'll tell you what kind of runs I do not love...diarrhea. Rough morning.)

Cool runnings everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers